Wednesday, February 4, 2015

"Ice Cream" Sammies

Hey Everybody!

Mentally, I've had a rough couple of days.  Creatively, my heart and mind have been pretty low. Before my "low" hit me, I was working on a mini album for Valentine's Day.

BUT-I have been craving my "Ice Cream" sammies.  Notice the words ice and cream are in quotes? You'll find out why shortly.

These treats are definitely not the healthiest, but they are so good!

I was originally going to vlog this.  If you don't know, a vlog is a video blog. However, with my "lows" right now, it's probably best to stay off camera.

I still wanted to bring this delicious recipe to you.

So, here we go!

What you'll need:

2-cups of heavy cream
4-tablespoon of powdered sugar (Now, I sprinkle a bit more while it is whipping, but you don't need to.)
1-teaspoon or more of vanilla.  This truly depends on you and how much of a vanilla-y taste you like.
1 to 2-boxes of soft sugar cookies.

You'll need a Kitchen Aid with the whisk attachment.  If you don't have a Kitchen Aid, this recipe can also be made with a hand mixer.

You will also need wax paper for wrapping the sammies for the freezer and a 2-gallon Ziploc bag or 2-one gallon Ziplocs.

First, you put the heavy cream, powdered  sugar, and vanilla in the Kitchen Aid/bowl.  Then you start mixing.  Make sure you start at the lowest speed so the ingredients don't go flying.  Once the mixture foams a little bit, go ahead and turn the speed up to a medium high speed.  During this time, you may want to add a little more powdered sugar.

Once the speed is up, you can continue mixing until the mixture is stiff.
Take two of the sugar cookies and lay one upside down.
With a spoon--I used a plastic one, but you can use any type: a wooden spoon, a table spoon, ice cream scoop-whatever you want, and start spooning/scooping the whipped cream on to the cookie. With this, you can judge how much cream you want on there.
After you've scooped as much whipped cream as you'd like o the bottom cookie, take another cookie and place it right side up on top of the cream. Viola-you have your first "ice cream" sammie!
Wrap the sammie with the wax paper.
Repeat the process for the rest of the cookies.  This recipe makes 12 sammies.
Once done, place all of your wrapped sammies into a 2 gallon Ziploc or split them into 2-one gallon bags.

Freeze for 2 to 3 hours and then ENJOY!
Well, there you have it! I hope this recipe inspires you to get into your kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment